In the market today, there are different types of scooters virtually for everyone.
They can be classified as mopped scooters, electric scooters, and hoverboards.
In this article, you are going to see some of the most common scooters, their pros and cons and probably why you should have it with you.
Benefits of Using Scooters
Scooters have several advantages to the users, some of which you may not yet be aware of. Among the merits include:
Perfecting your body balance
Knowing how to balance your body is very crucial since you will be enabled to move about comfortably and much freely.
A scooter can help you to attain body balance in the right way. Even if you go tripping along the way, you can be sure not to fall as you have trained your body to balance well.
Riding a scooter is an exciting way to burn your calories.
Studies have indicated that riding a scooter daily has several health benefits. It helps people burn calories, enhance activity levels, and some even lose weight from the exercise.
Saving on gas
By using a scooter, you are saving a lot on gas money.
Move around town on your scooter, to the store, to work, or even if you have a doctor’s appointment. Your body will thank you for keeping it in good shape while you save a few bucks.
Ideal for adults and kids
No one ever said they are only for kids. While it is apparent that there are superb scooters for kids, adults can also successfully use them.
Exploring the neighborhood
In case you have just moved into a new neighborhood, then strolling with a scooter could be the best plan on a lazy Saturday afternoon.
You can stroll the entire place on your scooter without any pressure about traffic.
Types of Scooters in the Market
The following are conventional transporters that you are likely to find in the market.
Electric Kick Scooters
It is a stand-up scooter that is powered electrically and has an internal combustion engine. The scooter can be classified as a micro-mobility form of transportation.
It has an extensive deck right at its center where you place your feet as you ride at top speed.
- Freedom of movement. You do not have to wait for public transport.
- Fuel savings
- Requires small storage space
- Low maintenance. Compared to other scooters, this electric one does not incur costs such as changing filters or oil.
- Recharging points. Charging points for these electric scooters are limited in most countries.
- Low speed. Most of these scooters have small wheels, and this affects their cruising speed. They have a maximum speed of 20 mph.
- Extended charging time. Charging its battery takes more time than refueling the engine scooter.
One of the unique features of these electric scooters is the hand brake. Most scooters do not have it.
The bikes can also be folded, making them easy to carry and store. Some of these scooters can be added a seat on as well.
They are known as seated scooters where riders ride while sitting on the scooter.
Why choose an electric scooter?
These scooters are convenient for navigation. With an electric scooter, you are sure to bypass any traffic in the morning or when going back home.
In addition, they have specific features such as the seats meaning an elderly person can ride as they do not have to stand all along.
The hoverboard is an electric motor skateboard. It can also be referred to as a self-balancing scooter. Hoverboards are two-wheeled and use batteries to move about.
They are ideal for moving around your area and exploring the neighborhood.
- They are portable. One can easily carry them along on a trip.
- Easy to ride. Anyone can quickly learn how to ride a hoverboard.
- Affordability. These scooters are not that pricey, and you can secure one cheaply.
- They are convenient.
- There can be safety issues.
- Not easily found. They are not readily available at any store.
- They may cause accidents. You may fall while riding the scooter or collide with other road users.
Among the special features on hoverboards include an LCD and Bluetooth connection. The display will alert you when you are running low on battery or when fully charged.
Hoverboards are all-terrain compatible meaning you can use them almost everywhere.
Why should you choose this?
A hoverboard is a much more advanced technology. What’s more, it is very convenient.
With a hoverboard, you can maneuver your way through traffic and get home or go to work early.
A moped scooter is simply a bicycle that has been motorized with low-power. It has pedals and a small motor.
Its name is derived from the motor ‘Mo’ and pedal ‘Ped’ aspects.
- Easy to acquire and come cheaply.
- It saves on time rather than walking.
- Easy to maintain even on gasoline issues. It does not require too much gasoline.
- The moped is quite slow. On the highway, you are sure to create traffic with the scooter.
- Not ideal for long distances. Since they are slow, they cannot travel for long distances as you are going to be late.
The moped has pedals and at the same time has an engine. This motorcycle alternative can move at a top speed of almost 30km/h, which is relatively fast.
Why should you choose this?
Well, a moped has got an engine and pedals at the same time.
That technically means that if the engine breaks down while you are on the road, you can still switch to pedals and get home.
They are also economical and not as pricey as purchasing a motorcycle.
Those are the most common types of scooters you will find nowadays.
Buy the electric kick scooter… if you can access a charging point near you and you want to save on fuel.
Buy the hoverboard… if you wish to explore the neighborhood in style. It is practically usable almost everywhere.
Buy the moped scooter… if your workplace is not far from home, but you need to beat the daily traffic jam.
If you like this article, then take a look at some other reviews we have on distinct products.